By ranfan (1253723490|%a, %b %e at %I:%M%p)
05 More Search Techniques And Strategies
1. Come up with a list of 30-40 cities in Michigan.
Typed "cities in Michigan" into google… first page was [http://www.infomi.com/city] which lists 630 Michigan cities.
2. How many types of poodles are there?
Typed "there are * types of poodles" into google, all except 2 returns on the first page stated three, with two others stating "several" or "various"
3. How many people are in the United States?
Typed "how many people in the united states" into Google Search, above the 652 million results stated
United States — Population: 303,824,640 (July 2008 est.) According to https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/print/us.html - More sources »
4. How many teams are in the National Rugby League?
Typed "there are * teams on the National Rugby League" into Google but didn't get many good returns, then I tried it on Ask, and on the first page, received http://www.usarugby.org/ on which I could find the number of teams
5. On your personal wiki, create a page for research notes — call it “Research Notes”. (Shocking!) Related to your project, you should start using it to keep track of the sites that you visit, the queries that you run, and the types of information you find. This is for your own personal use, but you will find it useful as you work through the semester to have these notes to refer back to. I will not ever check on this page; this is just a hint on my part to help you with your project.
Done… but still have to figure out topic for project!