There are other types of search tools that exist which I did not utilize in this project. However, I want to introduce you to them because they may come into good use later on. This is not a comprehensive list.
Real Time Search
Regular search is already very fast to the extent that something like news is almost real-time. But this category of real time search looks at social networking sites like Twitter and uses the power of the masses to figure out what is "hot" right now.
- Scoopler (about)
- OneRiot (about)
- Collecta — realtime search for blog posts, articles, comments, twitter, flickr, twitpic, youtube
- MicroPlaza — "welcome to your personal micro-news agency. Discover relevant information filtered by the people you follow."
- Surchur — "the dashboard to right now";
- Addict-o-matic — "inhale the web"
- Yauba — search that tries to be all things to all people
Here are some Twitter focused sites
- Topsy — "a search engine powered by tweets"
- Tweetzi (help) — "real-time Twitter search & trends"
- TweetMeme — "hottest links on twitter"
- CrowdEye — "what all the twitter is about"
Meta Search Engine
Meta Search Engines search from other search engines. There are two types:
- Integrated search for multiple search engines : the meta-search engine uses an algorithm to combine the results from multiple search engines into one result list
- Unified interface for separate search engines : the meta-search engine provides a single interface, enabling easy and quick switching between the results of different search engines
Integrated search for multiple search engines
Unified interface for separate search engines